2. Responsible Gambling
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. pursues full internal policies which meet all player protection requirements.
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. Responsible Gambling Policy is rigorous and all personnel in direct contact with customers is trained to identify symptoms and help players who have clear addiction problems. Similarly, MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites in Spain offer several mechanisms through which players may familiarise themselves with the risks associated with gaming and provide links of interest which provide information and help if necessary.
Hereafter, MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. sets out the most relevant provisions of its Responsible Gambling Policy:
1. Action to prevent pathological gaming and how it works
a) Reduction of deposit limits
Players may voluntarily, expressly and individually set limits on their own deposits at amounts below those set through the player protection section available on company websites.
If players ask to increase deposit amounts or for any limit placed on their deposit account to be changed, above the amounts stipulated in applicable regulations, they must meet the following requirements:
- When it is the first request to increase limits or remove any limit set by a Participant, they shall pass addictive gaming behaviour prevention tests and Responsible Gambling tests set by the DGOJ. On passing the tests, the new limits will be effective within seven (7) days.
- When it is the second or a subsequent request to increase limits set by a Participant, MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. will analyse the Participant's track record based on aspects which the DGOJ has specified accordingly, related to their profile, the way in which they have participated in the games and their behaviour, notwithstanding addictive gaming behaviour. The new limits will take effect three (3) days after passing the test mentioned in this paragraph.
- No request may be made to increase the limits specified by the Participant if under three (3) months have passed since the limits were last changed to those set by them.
For internal tracking purposes, MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. has implemented an automatic alert system for deposit changes. These alerts are reviewed by MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. daily for all players who have sought a change to their deposit limit.
If a deposit limit is changed, said information will automatically be sent to the quality control and player protection team so that it may examine the case in point and examine the player's activity more closely.
b) Self-exclusion option
Inter alia, the Responsible Gambling section of MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites offers players who are addicted or have gaming problems a self-exclusion mechanism.
Players have the option of choosing the period for which they wish to exclude themselves from the game or games in which they normally participate. The minimum self-exclusion period is six (6) months, effective immediately a request is made.
Self-exclusions are irreversible. Players' accounts will automatically be removed from mailing and e-mailing lists for the self-exclusion period so that they do not receive any promotional material.
Once the self-exclusion period has passed, the gaming account will only be reactivated when the player expressly requests thus. If a player decides to reactivate their account after their self-exclusion period has passed, they may have to wait a further twenty-four (24) hours after their request so that they can reconsider their decision before their account is definitively reactivated.
c) Means of controlling players' gaming time
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites display a clock alongside the login menu which tells players the duration of their session. If the player's connection time exceeds one (1) hour, a message will be displayed on their device screen to notify them of the circumstance. If the player remains connected and playing, the message will be redisplayed every hour.
In addition, when a player starts a new account session, a message will be displayed on-screen telling them when they last visited the website.
d) Player safeguard methods
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites do not induce players to recover their losses through any kind of message.
The system uses two (2) methods for safeguarding players:
- The “play” button disappears once clicked, so that a player may not click it again.
- The system will log all player actions and clicks on MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites.
e) Information on amounts a player has spent on playing, their winnings and their gaming account balance
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites have a section called “My account”, in which players who have signed up may fully access, update and easily see the following information:
- Amounts spent on playing.
- Fund withdrawals.
- Prizes and winnings.
- Current gaming account balance.
f) System through which players may identify themselves and access their gaming account
Players may only play on MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites if they have previously accessed their gaming account, by signing in using their password.
If players wish to contact the Customer Support department, they must also confirm their identity by answering a series of security questions as an additional checking method.
Player's usernames may be their e-mail addresses used to sign up to MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites, or a particular name which players choose when they sign up.
g) Banned access and participation of minors and unauthorised parties in gaming activities
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. provides special care to at-risk groups, more specifically minors and those unauthorised, informing them, according to the nature and media used in each game, that minors and unauthorised parties are banned from participating.
More specifically, MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites display the following logo somewhere in all sections:
Moreover, the legal terms available on MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites stipulate that minors and unauthorised parties are banned from playing.
Furthermore, the “Responsible Gambling” section notes this ban and contains recommendations for parents and legal guardians who wish to implement controls to prevent their children from accessing gaming websites.
2. Action to raise awareness and how it works
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. includes on its websites a Responsible Gambling Policy which provides the public with information necessary for them to sensibly select their gaming activities, promoting moderate, non-compulsive and Responsible Gambling attitudes.
Similarly, and also to meet its Responsible Gambling obligations, MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. has a link to the website of the DGOJ on its homepage, where participants subject to the RGIAJ may register.
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites also contain player help and advice links where they may find a list of organisations which offer help to players.
a) "Responsible Gambling" section
All pages on MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites have a link to the “Responsible Gambling” section, through which players may responsibly bet using a series of mechanisms, including:
- Changing deposits.
- Closing an account and self-exclusion.
- How to stay in control.
- Parental control.
In this section, you may also access the following options:
- Information on the game and the gaming ban imposed upon minors and unauthorised parties.
- Help for friends and relatives.
- Information on bets placed.
The “Responsible Gambling” section contains the following links, which players may find useful:
b) Sales communications
All sales communications, using either electronic communications media or through MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites or a letter, will promote the game in question.
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. shall ensure that its sales strategies and promotional campaigns focussing on bets inter alia observe the following principles:
- They do not change gaming dynamics.
- They do not induce Participant confusion regarding the nature of the game.
- They are not intended to be especially attractive to minors or other people or communities banned from accessing the game (e.g. prohibition, etc.).
- They do not provide misleading information on the chances of winning.
- They do not contain anything which compromises personal dignity or is discriminatory in terms of nationality, race, sex, sexual orientation, religious or political convictions, and do not incite illegal acts.
- They do not suggest that betting is a financial investment.
- If they are communicated using audiovisual communications media, they observe the provisions applicable to sales communications and self-promotion contained in applicable regulations.
- If they are communicated electronically, they do not breach the provisions of applicable regulations.
c) Link to the DGOJ on the homepage
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. websites contain the following logos, located somewhere visible on the homepage:
These logos will be respectively linked to the following websites:
- RGIAJ (http://www.ordenacionjuego.es/es/rgiaj) to enable players to register on the RGIAJ.
- Secure DGOJ gaming area (http://www.juegoseguro.es/). This contains general information on operators authorised to operate within Spain and provides information of interest to players.
- Play Safely (https://www.jugarbien.es/), which contains Responsible Gambling principles.
d) Player self-assessment test
The “Responsible Gambling” section also includes a self-assessment questionnaire or test which a player may complete to determine possible Responsible Gambling attitudes and guidelines which are problematic. The questionnaire will contain the questions set by the DGOJ in accordance with the DGOJ Resolution dated 16th November 2011.
3. Projected measures for overcoming the harmful effects of gaming
a) Social responsibility
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. is hereby dedicated to social responsibility and tries to make donations to organisations and entities which contribute towards ensuring, encouraging and researching Responsible Gambling.
MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. also tries to co-operate in the Spanish market with research establishments, associations and therapy centres, devising measures to protect players and ensure a secure, responsible and trustworthy gaming environment.
Similarly, MARATHONBET SPAIN, S.A. wishes to participate in seminars and conferences focussing on Responsible Gambling consumption.
b) Contact with establishments, associations and centres offering help
The “Responsible Gambling” section contains a list of establishments and associations which specialise in gaming pathology which players may consult and where they may seek professional help:
JUGADORES ANÓNIMOS DE ESPAÑA J.A.
Parroquia San Vicente Ferrer
C/ Ibiza, 43 bis. 28009 Madrid
7pm to 9:30pm Tuesday
6pm to 9pm Thursday
6pm to 9pm Saturday
ASOCIACIÓN MADRILEÑA DE JUGADORES EN REHABILITACIÓN (AMAJER)
C/ Hermanos García Noblejas, 49. 28037 Madrid
Tel.: 913 270 604
Hours: First visits 6pm to 8pm Monday and Thursday
Groups 8:30pm Tuesday, 5pm and 6:30pm Friday and 10am Saturday
GRUPOS DE AUTOAYUDA PSICOLÓGICA PARA JUGADORES Y FAMILIARES (APEAP)
- Parroquia Cristo de Medinaceli. C/ Lope de Vega, 45
- Parroquia Santo Domingo de Guzmán. C/ Camarena, 183
Meetings: 5pm to 8pm Saturday
Player service Tel.: 610 619 361
Hours: 9am to 9pm
ASOCIACIÓN FUENLABREÑA DE JUGADORES EN REHABILITACIÓN (AFUJER)
Paseo del Pireo, 20, posterior (entry via Avda. de las Naciones on the corner of C/ Turquía).
Tel.: 916 066 872
FEJAR (FEDERACION ESPAÑOLA DE JUGADORES DE AZAR REHABILITADOS)
Gaming Helpline: 900 200 225
Avda. Constitución, nº, 27, 03400 Villena, Alicante
ABLA (ASSOCIACIÓ BARCELONESA DE LUDOPATIA I ADDICCIONS)
C/ Enrique Granados nº 111, 5º 1ª. 08008 BARCELONA
ALUESA - ASOCIACIÓN DE ATENCIÓN A LAS LUDOPATÍAS Y EXCLUSIÓN SOCIAL
John Lennon, 45 35213 LAS REMUDAS, TELDE (GRAN CANARIA), LAS PALMAS
ASOC. ALAVESA DE JUGADORES EN REHABILITACIÓN
C/ General Álava, 25 1º dcha. 01005 Vitoria-Gasteiz - Álava (España)
Tel. 945 14 04 68
Fax 945 23 49 90
ATEJURE (ASOCIACION TINERFEÑA DE JUGADORES REHABILITADOS)
C/Buenaventura Bonet, 2 Local Caritas Interparroquial (Iglesia Cruz del Señor) Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Help or information: 6:30pm to 9pm. Wednesday and Friday 630 17 42 73 from 3pm.
Email: [email protected]
EKINTZA BIBE (ASOCIACIÓN DE REHABILITACIÓN DE ADICCIONES PSICOLÓGICAS DE GIPUZKOA)
Lugar Barrio Alaberga, 59 bajo Dcha, 20100 Errenteria, Gipuzkoa
943 34 02 02
Email: [email protected]
ASOCIACIÓN SEVILLANA DE JUGADORES DE AZAR EN REHABILITACIÓN (ASEJER)
C/ José Jesús García Díaz, 4, Esc. 1, Pl. 1. Edificio Henares. 41020 SEVILLA
Free help and consultation line on gaming addiction: 900 200 225
OTHER CENTRES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS OF INTEREST
ÁREA DE GESTIÓN DE JUEGO
Dirección General de Ordenación y Gestión del Juego.
Consejería de Hacienda.
Location and contact details
Address: PLAZA CHAMBERI, 8 PLANTA BAJA 28010 MADRID
Quarter/District: ALMAGRO / CHAMBERI
Tel.: 915 803 398
Fax: 914 208 847
DEPARTAMENTO DE POLÍTICA TERRITORIAL, JUSTICIA E INTERIOR
Paseo María Agustín ,Nº 36, Puerta 22, Planta 1ª
FREE INFORMATION TELEPHONE NUMBERS
Information hotline for banning of entry to casinos, bingo halls and betting sites
900 150 000
Player Tel.: 900 713 525
CENTRAL DE SAMUR SOCIAL
Address: Carrera de San Francisco 10, 28005 Madrid
Tel.: 112 (Comunidad de Madrid emergency telephone number).
91 480 20 20
HOSPITAL RAMÓN Y CAJAL
Ctra. de Colmenar Viejo km. 9,100
28034 Madrid Tel.: 91 336 80 00
Email: [email protected]
HOSPITAL 12 DE OCTUBRE. ADDICTIONS UNIT
Avda. de Córdoba s/n.
Tel.: 91 779 28 87
Av. Córdoba s/n – 28041 Madrid
MIGUEL SERVET UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Paseo Isabel la Católica, 1 – 3, 50009 Zaragoza Switchboard: 976 765 500
Last Modified Date: 14/05/19